Description of a Vehicle Collection and Delivery Driver
For those of you who wonder what exactly Vehicle Collection and Delivery Driving is and what it involves then this page tells you everything you need to know. This is the Life of a Vehicle Collection and Delivery Driver. A Vehicle Collection and Delivery Driver's working day can be a little of everything, a job where no 2 days are the same. If there is one word to describe working in this industry it would have to be 'Unpredictability.'
A Vehicle Collection and Delivery Driver will be collecting/delivering everything from cars to vans from all 4 corners of the country, delivering to auctions sites, car dealers, airfield sites and householders. The movement of vehicles is essential as new bought vehicles are sometimes delivered directly to their new owners or they will have to be delivered to the relevant car dealer where they will be sold to the consumer. Vehicles that are coming to the end of their lease term are collected and taken to auctions and other sites.
A Vehicle Collection and Delivery Driver must be flexible, be prepared to have long days and be well used to using Apps on Smartphones and Tablets.
You must read and understand the following before making an application:
If you can give positive answers to the following we would welcome your application - if then selected for a telephone interview a member of the recruitment team will go through the role in more detail (please do not apply or message us if you cannot answer “YES” to ALL the questions):
All for insurance purposes (proof will be required)
You must be aged ideally between 30 and 59 - for insurance purposes
You have held a Full UK driving licence for more than 5 years which is registered to your home address
You must have no more than 6 points on your driving licence – with no further points pending
You must not have been banned from driving - for any reason
You must have a full, off the road, driveway at your own address
You are available for an immediate start (within the next 7-14 days)
PLEASE NOTE - This is not a short term, or part-time position. Only applicants who are seeking a permanent, full-time position need apply.
Job in Brief
All the tools to carry out the role are provided.
1. Every day is different
2. You get to drive a variety of vehicles
3. Get to travel and see some wonderful places
4. Full office based support
5. Potential to earn good commission over the basic salary
What makes a good Driver
1. Ability to listen to and fulfil the plan advised by the Operations team
2. Good customer facing skills - even if you have had a bad journey that smile is essential
3. Able to start early in the day - be at your first delivery by 08:00am
4. Keep your cool under pressure
5. Adhere to driving laws and respect other road users
6. Follow the instructions for client deliveries - read all the notes you are given for EVERY job
7. Able to complete vehicle appraisal APPS correctly, all the time, every time
What can I earn?
We pay a basic salary and 'movement commission' on top
On target earning are over £22,000 per annum (uncapped)
Driven For You Ltd are a customer focussed business that care about what we do. If you think you can fit in with this "can do" culture then we want to hear from you.